|Position Title:||Product Engineer|
|Reports To:||Director, Engineering|
|Location:||Farmington Hills, MI|
The purpose of this position is the design and release of Ride Control, LLC products. The employee will be responsible for all tactical aspects of design and engineering of the product, including technical specifications, design standards and product testing. In addition, providing engineering and technical support to customers and internal departments, application engineering activities and documentation to support all activities.
- Scheduling work and providing problem solving support.
- Review drawings for accuracy before release for prototyping, mass production and customer approval.
- Design review and technical direction.
- Familiar with engineering and product design standards.
- Provide BOM for quoting.
- For new or changed processes, ensure process will meet customer requirements, delivery requirements and the most effective operational setup.
- Understanding of standard product design and its relationship to manufacturing and processes.
- Organization of project needs and implementations (i.e., determine cost projections versus actual incurred, risk assessment versus advantages gained, etc.).
- Work with the product development teams and management to provide input for make vs. buy decisions.
- Provide input to Bills of Material and routing as necessary to maintain inventory control, financial controls and customer quality standards in the process.
- Problem solving and analyses, careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences.
- Strong commitment to providing world-class customer service, anticipating customer needs and designing, promoting or supporting the delivery of products and services that exceed their expectations.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, to work independently of minimal day-to-day supervision, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Continuous improvement driven with a willingness to adopt new ideas/skills.
- Performance attributes as a self-starter, positive attitude, willingness to ask questions and ability to brainstorm and collaboratively solve discrete problems with peers.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Up to 3 years related experience.
- Knowledge of chassis systems/suspensions and components preferred.
- Experience working with shocks a plus.
- Strong automotive and/or Tier 1 or 2 business perspective.
- Proven ability to carry out design calculations.Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.