Sr. Project Engineer
|Position Title:||Sr. Project Engineer|
|Location:||Farmington Hills, MI|
The purpose of this position is to lead in the design and release of Ride Control, LLC products. The incumbent will be responsible for project integrity and success against identified and agreed goals. Providing engineering and technical support to customers and internal departments, application engineering activities and documentation to support all activities.
- Scheduling work and providing problem solving support.
- Review drawings for accuracy before release for prototyping, mass production and customer approval.
- Provide design review and technical direction along with engineering and product design standards knowledge.
- Effectively manage a variety of engineering projects concurrently.
- Prepare and present formal presentation and maintain organized activity documentation files.
- Prepare bill of material (BOM) for quoting.
- Conduct technical interfaces with customer engineering to discuss program, design specifications, Design Verification Testing (DVT), planning and reporting DVT results.
- Knowledge of product specifications & DVT needs for the customer and able to negotiate special tests as circumstances require.
- Proficiency with APQP product launch processes.
- Understanding of standard product design and its relationship to manufacturing and processes.
- Work directly with Application Technicians on vehicles to assess product designs requirements and features.
- Problem solving and analyses, careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences.
- Presentation skills, the ability to communicate to an audience in a formal setting.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to delegate and follow-up on assigned tasks.
- Strong commitment to providing world-class customer service, anticipating customer needs and designing, promoting or supporting the delivery of products and services that exceed their expectations.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, to work independently of day-to-day supervision, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Thinks conceptually and intuitively, linking problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes.
- Makes sound decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Ability to influence and shape the decisions of others and to work through issues or conflicts to create.
- Demonstrated coaching skills; giving clear, motivating, and constructive feedback; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6 years related experience.
- Knowledge of chassis systems/suspensions and components preferred.
- Experience working with shocks a plus.
- Strong automotive and/or Tier 1 or 2 business perspective.
- Proficiency with automotive suspension design and function.
- Proven ability in leading projects requiring multi-department participation / strategic decision making.
- Excellent time management/planning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.