Tested over miles of terrain. Proven over years of real-world use.
Gabriel® is the U.S. originator of this uniquely robust hydraulic stop design4 – one that helps prevent impact damage to the truck and components by creating a hydraulic cushion. It also provides best-in-class energy absorption to protect today’s low-friction suspension components, including the axles, air springs, shock mounts and the shocks themselves.
Features & Benefits
- Design is real-world proven to give you miles and miles of confidence and unyielding performance
- Traps a cushion of fluid between the piston and upper cylinder head by cutting off oil flow to the piston
- Traps more oil volume and has better sealing capabilities than competitors’ designs
- Improves ride control comfort and provides unparalleled system durability
- Significantly reduces fatigue in mounts, lights and other vibration-sensitive components
- Inhibits shocks from topping out and suspension from over-extending
- Provides three to five times greater force absorption than our largest competitor’s design3
- 3. In Gabriel-conducted tests
- 4. Where Required
THE INFORMATION AND VIDEOS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS. THEY ARE INTENDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY.
BEFORE STARTING ANY VEHICLE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT PROJECT, YOU MUST HAVE THE PROPER TRAINING, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO SAFELY AND CORRECTLY COMPLETE THE PROJECT. THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR ANYONE ATTEMPTING TO REPLACE A WORN STRUT OR SHOCK ABSORBER, BECAUSE THE FAILURE TO REMOVE THE WORN PART OR INSTALL THE REPLACEMENT PARTS CORRECTLY ON YOUR VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY.
EVERY VEHICLE IS DELIVERED WITH AN OEM OWNER’S MANUAL. IF YOU CANNOT LOCATE YOURS, SEVERAL PUBLICATIONS EXIST THAT WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE PARTS ON THE VEHICLE YOU ARE ABOUT TO REPAIR. READ THE OEM MANUAL SPECIFIC TO THE MAKE AND MODEL OF YOUR VEHICLE AND THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GABRIEL PRODUCT BEFORE UNDERTAKING ANY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT PROJECT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OR ASSISTANCE OF A PROFESSIONAL WHEN NEEDED.