Maximum control. Maximum comfort.
On paper or pavement, you won’t find a more comfortable shock than the Gabriel® MaxControl™ v2.0. Equipped with best-in-class technology, our MaxControl monotube shock is the only choice for those who demand nothing but the very best for their SUV or truck.
Our most advanced shock absorber and winner of the prestigious 2010 North American Product Differentiation Excellence of the Year Award from Frost & Sullivan, MaxControl shocks go above and beyond other shocks for response, performance, durability, control and reliability. Our advanced monotube technology and rod guide bearing system create unmatched reaction time to bumps and other road imperfections. A larger 1 13/16″ (46mm) bore size also increases strut pressure absorption, resulting in greater damping efficiency, quicker response, and the smoothest and safest ride possible.
And like all Gabriel shocks and struts, MaxControl shocks feature a super-finished chromed piston rod to inhibit corrosion, ensure proper seal lubrication and provide a more consistent wear surface. The result is a rugged, durable and longer-lasting product. It’s the kind of thoroughness and high-quality standards you’ll only get from the company that created the original shock absorber more than a century ago – the Original Gabriel.
Features & Benefits
- New rod guide bearing allows greater sensitivity and response
- Larger bore size inside the pressure tube enables the shocks to react quicker and creates a smoother and more comfortable ride
- Super-finished chromed piston rod provides more consistent wear surface for proper seal lubrication over longer life
- Single-tube design and multi-stage sealing minimize chamber temperature and help keep out debris for long-lasting durability
- D.O.M. (Drawn-Over-Mandrel) tubing reduces internal wear for longer product life
- High-pressure nitrogen gas and floating piston technology allow the shock to react immediately to steering wheel movements for ultimate handling
- Additional external rod seal keeps the chamber virtually debris-free for longer lasting performance under any condition
- Enhanced sensitivity and quicker response time keep tires in contact with the road to maximize braking effectiveness and keep you in control at all times