The adjustable heavy-duty shock that never compromises on comfort.
Fleet operators understand the value of a high-quality shock absorber. They also understand that no two roads are the same and no two payloads are the same. That’s why we offer our Gabriel® GasSLX® shocks for trucks, trailers or buses.
Featuring three adjustable settings: Regular, Firm (closest to OE ride performance), and Extra Firm, the GasSLX is a premium adjustable gas shock that provides customizable comfort and control, while delivering the ultimate in performance and durability.
Adapting to diverse road conditions and payload capacities, the GasSLX’s gas cell design creates a physical barrier between gas and the high-temperature fluid, which prevents aeration – a major cause of fade or reduced damping. Fade reducing gas cell technology is a full-life feature, best suited for longer life commercial vehicle applications.
Custom-blended, high-temperature fluid reduces friction and wear in extreme operating conditions. In addition, a multi-lip viton rod seal is incorporated for greater fluid retention and high-temperature performance.
Today’s suspensions require shocks to withstand multi-directional flexing. The GasSLX’s reinforced cold formed, 360° arc-welded eye ring end mounts ensure structural superiority and long-lasting durability. A pressurized metal piston ring and 10-stage valving improve handling while maintaining ride comfort and allow damping to be independently adjusted.
And like all Gabriel shocks, every GasSLX design features a super-finished chromed piston rod, a leak-proof piston seal, and D.O.M. (Drawn-Over-Mandrel) Tubing that reduces internal wear and provides superior corrosion prevention. These ensure optimal safety and performance, while helping to reduce maintenance costs across your fleet.
At Gabriel, we believe a premium upgrade is more than just a promise. It’s a commitment to deliver unmatched quality and comfort – the kind you’ll only get from the Original Gabriel.
Features & Benefits
- Three adjustable settings: Regular, Firm, and Extra Firm deliver customizable comfort and control to suit your ride control needs
- Unique Gas Cell design reduces fade and increases ride comfort
- Multi-lip Viton Seal: a more robust design for greater fluid retention and high-temperature performance
- Larger 1 5/8” bore design provides performance and durability you can count on
- 360° arc-welded end mounts provide superior structural strength
- Specially formulated high-temperature fluid reduces friction and wear in extreme operating conditions
- Super-finished chromed piston rod to inhibit corrosion, ensure proper seal lubrication, and provide a more consistent wear surface