The road-proven light truck, van and SUV shock.
You can’t always anticipate what the road throws at you. That’s why Gabriel® ProGuard™ shocks are engineered for superior comfort and control, regardless of how tough the road conditions may be. Fine-tuned to meet the demands of today’s light trucks, vans and SUVs, Gabriel ProGuard shocks come equipped with a larger diameter piston that delivers better-than-OE response and performance, sportier handling and a smoother ride.
Whether it’s stop-and-go traffic on the way to work or grueling off-road conditions on the weekend, shock fade is significantly reduced thanks to a larger reservoir tube, which allows faster heat dissipation for better cooling and helps prevent cavitation.
While going off-road probably isn’t a daily activity, you can still expect that tough and rugged step-up in performance and durability from Gabriel ProGuard shocks. And just like all of our shocks and struts you can always expect every ProGuard to come with a super-finished chromed piston rod. It’s how we go the extra mile to ensure superior corrosion resistance and enhanced sealing properties. It’s the right way. It’s the Original Gabriel way.
Features & Benefits
- Engineered for excellent comfort and control in today’s trucks, vans and SUVs
- Larger reservoir tube provides better cooling for longer shock life
- Piston seal reduces oil by-pass for maximum shock control and performance
- Low friction oil seal for greater comfort and wear resistance
- 1 3/8” bore piston construction for greater durability
- Super-finished chromed piston rod provides superior corrosion resistance and enhanced sealing properties